You can apply for WIC as soon as today!
Eligible for WIC? Are you interested in WIC but not sure you’re eligible? Find out!
• Read more about eligibility here>>
• Go to one of our WIC centers. Click here to see our locations>>
• Or call WIC at (310) 661-3080.
• Or begin to apply online. Click here>>
By phone–beginning to apply for WIC
• A member of our WIC staff will ask you a few simple questions, such as where you live and your income.
• She will ask if you are pregnant or have a baby or a child up to 5 years old.
• She will give you a date and time for an appointment at a WIC center that’s convenient for you.
• She will tell you what you need to bring to the WIC center.
• At the WIC center you will continue the application process.
At a WIC center–applying for WIC
• It is better if you make an appointment before you come to apply. Call (310) 661-3080.
• But if you don’t have an appointment, come anyway!
• Bring proof of income. This could be your Medi-Cal card or your pay stub or your husband’s pay stub or your partner’s pay stub.
• If you don’t have proof of income, come to a WIC center anyway. A staff member will talk with you.
• Bring something that shows the address where you live. This can be any mail that includes your address.
If you can’t bring all the paperwork WIC needs
• If you can’t bring the paperwork WIC needs, come to one of our WIC centers anyway.
• We can enroll you for 30 days. After that, you must bring the paperwork WIC requires.
When you visit WIC
• Together you and the WIC educator will determine if you are eligible.
• If you are eligible, the WIC educator will enroll you or your child.
• You can ask questions and tell her or him your concerns.
• You will learn about food checks and receive food checks at that first visit.
Your first WIC appointment
Read more about your first WIC appointment here>>