Parent sessions—for you!
• You’ll be in a parent session with a WIC educator and other parents.
• You can bring a family member or friend.
• You’ll get tips for keeping your child and family healthy.
• You and the other parents can talk together about your experiences.
• You can share your concerns.
• You can ask questions.
Parent sessions when you are pregnant
You can go to parent sessions about:
• Planning life with your baby
You can also attend a Mama’s Milk breastfeeding family group at your WIC center.
Mama’s Milk breastfeeding family groups
• You can go to any of our breastfeeding family groups when you’re pregnant and after the baby is born.
• You are welcome to bring a family member, a friend, or come on your own.
• Our breastfeeding family groups meet once a week or more often at each of our WIC centers.
• You don’t need an appointment to go to a breastfeeding family group.
• Just walk right in!
• You’re invited to the Mama’s Milk breastfeeding family group at your local WIC center! Read your invitation here>>
Parent sessions when your baby is 4 or 5 months old
You can go to a parent session just for you. We will talk about how to know when your baby is ready for solids, and what to feed your baby.
If you are breastfeeding, you can start or continue going to your Mama’s Milk breastfeeding family group.
Parent sessions when your baby is 9 months old
• If you are breastfeeding, you can start or continue going to your Mama’s Milk breastfeeding family group.
Parent sessions after your child turns 1, 2, 3, and 4 years old You will have a chance to go to parent sessions about:
• Turning stressful mealtimes into happy mealtimes
• Figuring out how much food is enough for your child
• Helping your picky eater enjoy many kinds of foods
• Choosing the healthiest drink for your child
• Keeping your child from becoming overweight or obese
• Keeping your child from becoming diabetic
• Encouraging your family to play indoors and outside
• Making small changes, a few at a time, to improve your family’s health