You or your children may be eligible for WIC!
WIC is here for you! Become a WIC parent!
You can join WIC if you:
• are pregnant
• are breastfeeding a baby less than 1 year of age
• just had a baby in the past 6 months
• have children under 5 years old
• recently miscarried
• and meet income requirements
You are also welcome to join WIC if you are: a single dad, a foster parent, a grandparent, a stepparent, an adoptive parent, or a guardian with a child under 5.
You will need:
• proof of your address and income
WIC Income Guidelines Read the WIC income guidelines here>>
Even if you’re working You may be eligible for WIC even if you or a family member is working!
Counting your family members You need to count every person in your family and list the number as your “family total.” Count your unborn child too. A single unborn child is counted as 1 family member. Unborn twins are counted as 2 family members.
Even if you have private medical insurance You may be eligible for WIC even if you or a family member has private medical insurance. Having insurance does not affect your eligibility.
• Are you or another family member receiving TANF (Temporary Assistance for Needy Families)? Then you automatically meet the WIC income requirements.
• Are you receiving Medi-Cal, Food Stamps, and/or FDPIR? Then you automatically meet the WIC income requirements.
Were you turned down? Were you turned down by other programs? You may still be eligible for WIC. Find out!
WIC does not consider WIC does not consider your race, color, national origin, gender, religion, age, or disability. Anyone who lives in California and meets the WIC program requirements can receive help from WIC.
Applying for WIC is easy! There are 3 ways:
• Click on the “Apply today!” button on this website, and fill out the form online. A WIC staff member will phone you to begin the application process.
• Or call us at (310) 661-3080 to begin the application process.
• Or walk into a WIC center.
What can you expect? What can you expect when you apply for WIC? Read more about applying for WIC>>